The Spitfire Series of drums are designed to perform in any musical requirement, from big band to jazz through to rock or pop they remain equally at home.
The Spitfire Series epitomise classic British craftsmanship employing traditional woodworking techniques to produce one of the most beautiful drum ranges available today. Handcrafted from the finest materials and finished in a splendid Georgian English oak with a satin oil effect, the avant-garde sizes are flexible and offer an unrivaled, responsive yet warm tone that is crisp and clean with great attack and a fast decay. The toms are 6mm thick, whilst the bass drum is 7.8mm with a standard 45 degree bearing edge that gives flexibility under tuning.
Imbued with the spirit and ingenuity behind British aviation design, the chrome plated solid brass lugs are precision engineered whilst the aero-dynamically designed internal washers isolate the fitting from the shell thus maximizing shell resonance and improving the overall acoustic performance. The tuning operation is smoother owing to the 3mm nylon washers.
Continuing Premier’s tradition of producing the finest percussive instruments, the Spitfire Series offer versatility to any musical scenario.
The Aviation Series is the quintessential snare drum, objects of beauty offering the most dynamic of acoustics and embodying all of the legendary qualities of a Premier instrument.
12" x 7" Short Tom
16" x 16" Floor Tom
22" x 18" Bass Drum
14" x 14" Floor Tom
14" x 6.25" Snare Drum
13" x 6.25" Snare Drum
12" x 6.25" Snare Drum
10" x 6.25" Snare Drum
- Handcrafted in England by Premier
- Georgian English oak outer veneer
- Hand applied protective satin oil finish
- Solid brass, mini tube lugs
- Chrome plated hardware
- 2.3mm triple-flange steel hoops
- 3mm nylon washer fitted between the tension rod and steel hoop for smoother tuning
- Stainless steel screws and washers
- 45 degree bearing edge
- Internal aero-dynamic isolation washers
- Configuration: 12" x 7" short tom, 16" x 16" floor tom, 22" x 18" bass drum
- 14" x 14" floor tom available as add-on
- 6mm (toms) and 7.8mm thick shells
- ISO mounting system
- Remo drumheads: Ambassador Coated (toms), Weatherking Clear Powerstoke 3 and Fiberskyn 3 (bass)
- 4 models: 14" x 6.25", 13" x 6.25", 12" x 6.25" and 10" x 6.25"
- 13mm thick, 23-ply shell consisting of 21-ply birch core with a single inner and outer ply of oak
- Innovative lug-lock system
- 2.5mm deep snare bed
- 0610 quick release, heavy-duty snare strainer
- Remo drumheads: Weatherking Coated Ambassador